What is Low Porosity Hair
A low porosity hair is hair that has a hard time absorbing moisture because the hair cuticles are shut and compact and that makes it difficult to absorb any moisture.
How do i know i have low porosity hair
✔ You have low porosity hair if your hair , takes longer to dry but the best thing about low porosity hair is once the moisture is in its hard to loose it and that’s why you want to learn how to keep the moisture in with the tips below.
✔ You have low porosity hair, if you moisturize your hair and start to notice the product just sit on your hair and have a lot of product build up after a while.
✔ You have low porosity hair, if you wet your hair and you see water just sits on top of your hair and it takes time for your hair to fully saturate the water
✔ You have low porosity hair if you hair takes hours and hours to dry
✔ You have low porosity hair, when you apply thick products on your hair, it becomes too greasy and oily
Do the cup test / strand test and find out if your hair is low porosity. Best to do this on clean hair with no oils and products
How to take care of low porosity hair
1. Always wash your hair with warm water because cold water closes cuticles and that makes it hard for moisture to get in.
2. Wash your hair in sections, so that you can make sure hair penetrates fully onto the hair. Use the smoothing method on the hair from the roots to the ends of your hair
3. Make sure you clarify your hair consistently because low porosity hair can form hair build up very quickly. Clean your with a shampoo at least every two weeks. Check out these moisturizing shampoos that clean and not strip your hair. 🚩 Best hair products for natural hair
4. Always rinse with warm water after you shampoo
5. Do your deep condition with heat to open up the cuticles. Put a shower cap on and get under a hooded dryer for atleast 30 min. You can steam your hair as well or use a thermal cap or use a hot towel and cover the hot towel to keep that heat in and that will open the cuticles. 🚩Great deep conditioner for natural hair
6. Now its time to moisturize, apply a leave in conditioner in the shower. This is a little low porosity hair trick that will keep your hair moisturize quickly and longer. Apply in sections.
7. After you’ve applied the leave in, put a shower cap on immediately until you style. This will seriously give your hair so much moisture and leave your hair feeling so soft.
8. Use the LCO method to seal the leave in and all the moisture in your hair.
9. Its advisable to use lighter hair products and seal with lighter oils such as argon oil, almond oil and grapeseed oil because its easy for hair to build up. If you use creams and butter use that lightly because they are so heavy. A little will go a long way and just massage onto the hair until all is absorbed. Check out this extensive list of natural hair products to choose from.🚩 Natural Hair Products
10. Last but not least, during the week until wash day, NEVER style on dry hair
Scroll all the way down to learn about high porosity hair 🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻
Low Porosity Hair Products
Shampoos And Clarify Products
✔ The Mane Choice detangling shampoo : https://amzn.to/3tMKGct
✔For Clarifying Once in a while: Aztec Secret Healing Bentonite Clay
✔Aussie Deep Conditioner, with Avocado. Paraben Free, 3 Minute Miracle Moist, For Dry Hair,
Deep Conditioner, Leave In Conditioners, Moisturizers
✔Camille Rose Curl Love Moisture Milk
✔Herbal Essences Herbal essences hello hydration conditioner deep moisture for hair
✔ Tgin Green Tea Super Moist Leave in Conditioner For Natural Hair, Argan oil, White, Green Tea
✔Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk Curl Refresher Spray for Curls, Coils and Waves, with Agave, Sweet Almond and Wheat Protein, Hair Refresher Spray
✔Carol’s Daughter Almond Milk Ultra Nourishing Mask
✔Curls Blueberry Bliss Reparative Leave In Conditioner
✔Wet Line Xtreme Professional Styling Gel
✔Clear Ice Coconut Styling Gel
✔ Aunt Jackie’s Grapeseed ICE CURLS Glossy Curling Jelly
✔Sweet Almond Oil
✔ Argan Oil
What is High Porosity Hair
High Porosity hair means your cuticles are open and absorbs moisture so easily but it looses moistures just as quickly as it receives it.
✔ Most people have high porosity hair because the hair shaft is damaged from chemical processing and that’s why its open.
✔ Hair tangles very easily because the open cuticles get into each other.
✔ Hair dries very fast and sucks in the moisture so quickly and looses that moisture very quickly as well and then leaves your hair dry and needing to be moisturized often. So you can air dry your hair because you know it will dry very quickly
✔ Use a LOC method to moisturize and its going to give you the moisture that it needs. Use heavy products like creams, butter and use oils like coconut oil, jojoba oil and aloe Vera gel
✔ Rinse hair with cold water to close the cuticles so that moisture cannot escape and stays in
Check Out Our Other Popular Post
- Natural Hair Products That You’ll Want To Try
- Awesome Inexpensive Natural Hair Products
- The Most Moisturizing Deep Conditioner For Natural Hair
- The Ultimate Homemade Deep Conditioner Recipe List