Are you tired of using store bought deep conditioners? If your answer is YES, I don’t blame you one bit. You never know these days what might be in those bottles on the shelves.
In most cases the deep conditioners that are being sold are sometimes loaded with ingredients that are more damaging and not really helping the overall health of your hair. Not all of them are harmful, thank God.
… and don’t forget that a lot of them are quite expensive as well. Ok i agree, sometimes finding a good homemade deep conditioner for your natural hair can be quite confusing as well.
That’s why i have researched a lot of the best homemade moisturizing deep conditioner available that will help you make your wash day a success and the recipes are quite easy to follow.
Here are my top 6 Diy homemade deep conditioners to make at home
You have many options to choose from the list below. Depending with the length of your hair and texture, you may need to adjust the quantity of ingredients. You can also substitute ingredients to best compliment and cater for the needs of your scalp and hair. Have fun mixing.
1. Homemade Avocado Deep Conditioner
This is one of the most popular DIY deep conditioners. It repairs damaged dry hair , moisturizes the hair and great for the overall strength of your hair.
- 1/2 Ripe Avocado
- 1/2 Ripe Banana
- 1/4 Can of coconut milk*
- 4 Tablespoon of Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tablespoon honey
*Substitution: You can use eggs, mayo, or yogurt instead of coconut milk
-Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth. If the mixture is too thick add more olive oil or coconut milk.
-After you wash your hair, apply the mixture generously to hair. Then cover your hair with a plastic cap.
-Leave the mixture in the hair for 30 minutes under a hooded dryer or cover your head with a warm cloth.
-De-tangle and rinse thoroughly. Style as usual.
2. Homemade Easy Hydrating Hair Mask
- 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil or any other oil depending on your hair and scalp needs. ( check out my other post on different kinds of oils and the benefits )
- 4 Tbsp Honey
-In a microwavable container warm olive oil in a microwave for about 20 seconds. Add honey and mix well.
-Apply to damp hair and cover with a plastic cap for 15-30 minutes. Rinse well and style as usual.
3. Homemade Shea Butter Deep Conditioner
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 Cup extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Melted Shea Butter
-Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Wash your hair and apply the mixture to hair.
-Cover your hair with a plastic cap. Leave the mixture in the hair for 30 minutes under a hooded dryer. Detangle and rinse thoroughly then style hair as usual.
4. Homemade Aloe Deep Conditioner (Very Moisturizing)
- 1/4 cup Aloe gel
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil or olive oil
- You can add honey and avocado to the recipe for even more moisture.
-Mix all ingredients well until smooth. Apply to washed hair and leave the mixture in the hair for 30 minutes under a hooded dryer.
-Detangle hair then rinse thoroughly and style
5. Homemade Glycerin Hair Deep Conditioner ( to repair damaged dry hair )
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 4 Tbls extra virgin Olive Oil OR any oils you have
- 4 Tbls Honey
- 4 Tbls Glycerin
-Mix all Ingredients well in a blender until smooth. Apply to washed hair. Cover hair with a plastic cap and sit under a hooded dryer for 30 minutes. Detangle and rinse thoroughly.
Its a simple conditioner that very moisturizing for dry hair. Minus the banana, it makes a great pre poo treatment.
6. Homemade Deep Conditioner With Whipped Heavy Cream
Great DIY especially for the winter months to keep your hair super soft and moisturized.
- 1/2 Avocado
- 4 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Tbls Whipped Heavy Cream
-Mix all ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Apply to washed hair. Cover hair with a plastic cap and sit under a hooded dryer for 30 minutes. Detangle and rinse thoroughly.
They are plenty of other ingredients to use like mayo for softening and moisturizing the hair, rice water for growth and helps to stop shading of hair
Benefits of Using Diy Deep Conditioners
- Super easy to make with ingredients you already have at home.
- You have the confidence that they are 100% natural and good for your natural hair.
- Moisturizing to your natural hair
- Provide Hydration to dry hair
- Detangles hair easily that is matted and not easy to comb
- Adds shine to natural hair with natural ingredients such as honey
- They work great on every hair type so everyone can use this recipes below
- You can choose ingredients to best cater for allergies you may have
Check Out Our Other Popular Posts
- 5 Big Tips In Moisturizing Natural Hair
- Shea Butter For Moisturizing Your Hair
- Best Hair Oils For Natural Hair
- Treatments / Remedies For Natural Hair
- Remedies For Dry Natural Hair
- Natural Hair Products For Your Hair