Have you heard about the rice water treatment for hair growth that a lot people are raving about and wondered if it really works? yes guys, it works really well. Check out the recipe below on how easy it is to make it, its benefits, what to look out for and many other tips
If you look at the Yao women from the ancient Chinese village of Huangluo in china. You will see they have been using this fermented rice water treatment for centuries, to grow their beautiful long hair and thanks to those women we are able to know about this awesome Yao women’s hair growth recipe.
Its honestly one of the best rice hair growth treatment that you’ll want to incorporate onto your wash days.
How to make and use rice water for hair growth
Ingredients and what you will need
- 1/2 cup to a full cup of rice ( any grade of rice works good )
- A Bowl for cleaning the rice
- A jar to store the rice while fermenting
- A Cup Water to add to the rice
Instructions To Make The Fermented Rice Water
- Wash the rice and drain the water.
- Get a jar ( i normally use a mason jar ) and pour the rice you just washed in the jar.
- Fill the jar with water and cover the jar tightly.
- Shake the container to mix the rice and water in the jar.
- Place the jar in a dark room for about 24 hours to 3 days to ferment and its ready to use.
Check out these rice water products that we are loving
🖤 Natural Hair Growth Conditioner DIY Kit, Rice Water for Hair Growth Tea Bags with Continuous Spray Bottle, Organic Deep Conditioner for Damaged, Dry or Frizzy Hair, Curly Girl Method, Love ur Curls, Curly Hair Products
🖤Fermented Rice Water Ph Balanced with Chebe Powder
Tips on how to use rice water on your hair
- Pour the fermented rice water into a spray bottle
- You can Co Wash your hair before you start but its not necessary
- Section hair in 4 sections
- Take each section and spray the section with the fermented rice water until all your hair is saturated with the water
- Cover the hair with a plastic cap for about an hour. I’ve left the mixture on my hair for up to 3 hours and it was just fine.
- Wash the hair as per usual. TIP: massage your scalp as you wash your hair.
- And that’s about it. Enjoy
Benefits For Using Rice Water For Hair growth
✔ Its antioxidants and has minerals, vitamin B and E, Amino acids and inositol and this ingredients help repair damaged hair and also expedite hair growth process
✔ It literally leaves your hair looking super healthy and shiny immediately after your wash
✔Fermented rice water contains pitera which is a type of yeast which helps with rejuvenation of the hair and scalp
Things to look out for while using rice water
- Fermented rice water has lots of protein and might be too strong for your hair so its best to do a rice water treatment every other week so that you can see how your hair can withstand the protein
- If the protein becomes too much on your hair, the best thing to start doing is pre poo your hair ( meaning oil your hair ) before the treatment.
- OR you can deep condition your hair after the treatment
- Fermented rice water can be a little stinky so you can add a bit of essential oils ( like peppermint oil ) to help control the smell
Check Out Our Other Popular Post
✔ The Best DIY Wild Growth Hair Oil For Maximum Hair Growth
✔ Homemade Deep Conditioner