Your natural hair depends on oils if you want to keep it nice and healthy. Particularly you need carrier oils and essential oils to help your hair grow and stay strong.
Below is the difference between Carrier Oils and Essential oils and how to use each oil on your hair and its benefits.
What are Carrier oils?
These are basically sealing oils. They are kind of oils that you apply after moisturizing your hair to keep hair stay moisturized. Here are a few examples of my favorites, which in most cases you can get them for under $10
These oils are naturally obtained from the fatty part of a plants like kennels, nuts and seeds. You can get these oils online and in most grocery stores and beauty supply stores.
How will the oils help my hair
- Moisturize, strengthen and nourish hair.
- Massage oils such as coconut oil, castor oil, avocado oil, amla oil at least once a day on your scalp to repair your thinning edges
- Many people use extra virgin coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil because they are easily available at home. Add them to your homemade deep conditioners for softer and moistened hair. Also use both for hot oil treatments and pre poos.
Coconut Oil For Hair
- Keeps hair strong.
- Has a high moisture retaining capacity. It does not let moisture escape. It keeps hair moistened and soft.
- Gives hair a nice shine and great for any natural hair style.
- The fatty acids in coconut oil serve as a very good anti-dandruff agent.
- Nourishes hair and skin.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Hair
- Rich in natural conditioning agent.
- Infuses moisture to hair and scalp.
- Great for hair treatments, scalp massages.
- Repairs damaged hair.
- Works really well in hair when its warm.
Cleanses impurities from the scalp, nourishes, thickens and moisturizes dry strands while promoting hair growth, helps tame the frizz and helps reduce split ends. Great for thinning edges.
A great antioxidant that enhances blood circulation on your scalp and it promotes the growth of healthy hair.
Peppermint, tea tree and lavender oils are great examples. These are liquids that are steamed from leaves, stems, flowers and roots of plants. Essential oils have to be diluted before they are used. You can get these oils in most grocery stores, online and vitamins stores.
- Peppermint oil is good for itchy scalp.
- Tea tree oil is great for the getting rid of dandruff on your scalp.
- Lavender oil is for dry scalp
- Get a nice fragrance in your carrier oils by adding a few drops of essential oils.
- Essentials oils are commonly used to treat scalp conditions.
- You can use these oils as a preservative when making your hair DIY mixtures.
Check Out Our Other Popular Posts
- Hot Oil Treatment
- Homemade Deep Conditioner For Natural Hair
- Reasons and Remedies For Thinning Edges
- Good Vitamins For Hair
- Henna For Hair
- Deep Conditioning Natural Hair