What is a Pre Poo?
It’s a mix of oils or one type of oil that is applied to hair, prior to a shampoo wash, to help protect hair from the harsh shampooing process. It consist of oils such as olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil etc.
Benefits Of a Pre Poo Regimen
It is important to clean your scalp and hair but many shampoos can strip hair of its moisture /oils, leaving hair very dry.
Pre pooing makes hair manageable, easier to detangle and helps to reduce breakage. Hair feels soft after you shampoo.
How to Pre Poo
- Mix oils such as olive oil and coconut oil or any other oils you have in hand.
- Gently finger detangle your hair section by section and add oils to hair. Cover hair with a plastic cap and leave the treatment in for 15-20 minutes. Then shampoo and follow with your regular wash day regimen.
Optional: You can add honey for even more moisture
You can leave the mixture in your hair overnight (overnight Pre Poo).
Other Helpful Posts:
- Inexpensive Products For Natural Hair
- Natural Hair Products
- How To Deep Condition Natural Hair
- How To Detangle Natural Hair
- How To Co Wash Natural Hair