What Is Henna?
Henna is a flowery plant that is dried and made into a powder. The natural color of real henna is green.
Easy Tips On How To Apply Henna To Your Hair
- Make sure you first choose the color of henna you want. There are different shades available, examples are red, brown and black.
- Pour the quantity of henna into a non metal bowl and add hot water until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Stir in the mixture with a non metal spoon, a spatula works really well.
- Add some conditioner into the mixture so that your hair doesn’t get dry. It also softens the hair.
- Let the henna mixture sit for a few hours before use. You can also store it in the fridge overnight for a full dye release and apply to hair the next day.
- Spread the henna to clean hair and cover with a disposable plastic cap or wrap. This will hold in the heat, moisture and help the henna penetrate through the hair strands.
- Leave henna in your hair for a few hours (leave it overnight for more intense color) then wash thoroughly.
- The color will gradually slowly fade away with time.
TIP: Use a dark colored towel because henna will drip and it will stain your clothing and everything else in comes in contact with
To learn more Watch the video below from safiya D on youTube on her first henna experience.
Things to know about henna treatments
- It makes your hair healthier, stronger, and shinier and gives your hair a natural color or tint.
- Henna does not act as a moisturizer so you have to do a moisturizing deep conditioner afterwards to give your hair some moisture.
- It can sometimes loosen the natural curl pattern.
Check Out Our Other Popular Posts
- How To Do A Hot Oil Treatment
- Hair oils For Natural Hair
- Other Natural Hair Treatments And Remedies
- Easy Hair Growth Tips For Natural Hair
- Remedies For Dry Natural Hair
- Natural Hair Products
- Protective Hairstyles – HOW TO TUTORIAL