Are you looking for ways to regrow your edges back? On this post we can look at why your edges are thinning and how to solve that problem. There are many reasons and remedies for thinning edges.
Reasons For Thinning Edges
- A lot of people have thinning edges because the hair follicles around the edges of their head is damaged and causes slow hair growth.
- Tight weaves, braids and crotchet hairstyles. This will cause stress to the edges and hair to fall out.
- Chemicals from excessive relaxing and coloring.
- Head ties that make the edges too stretched out will stop blood circulation on your scalp and start to create bald edges around the hairline.
- Smoothing your puff too tight every single day will eventually lead to thinning edges.
- Vitamin deficiencies.
- Scalp Demartitis – is an inflammation of the scalp that can lead to itchy, flaky skin and redness. Then hair stops growing in those areas.
- Scalp psoriasis – it’s believed to result from an abnormality of the immune system that causes skin cells to grow too quickly and build up as patches, then hair stops growing.
- Postpartum hair loss due to medication and hormonal imbalance causes hair to start falling out.
Repairing Thinning Edges
- Make sure your edges are well moisturized.
- Eat a nutritious balanced meal and drink lots of water. Foods rich in protein and fiber will produce structure and strength to the hair.
- Daily exercise improves scalp circulation which is needed in hair growth.
- Massage your scalp with a mixture of oils such as coconut oil, Castor oil, avocado oil, amla oil at least once a day.
- Castor oil cleanses impurities from the scalp, nourishes, thickens and moisturizes dry strands while promoting hair growth.
- Coconut oil is great for removing dandruff that hinders hair growth.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant that enhances blood circulation on your scalp and it promotes the growth of healthy hair.
- You can add rosemary oil, peppermint extract and cinnamon extract to your oils and massage frequently. This will increase blood flow and therefore promotes hair growth.
- Take multivitamins everyday such as One a Day Women’s. They are recommended for great hair, skin and nails.
- Biotin pills improves hair growth.
- In cases of permanent hair loss you will need to see a dermatologist or trichologist.
These remedies for thinning edges are not quick fixes, hair naturally grows 1/2 inch a month. Be patient and you will see good results.
Check Out Our Other Popular Posts
How To Build A Natural Hair Regimen Easy Hair Growth Tips/Natural Hair
Other Important Natural Hair Treatments/Remedies
Remedies For Dry Natural Hair
How To Detangle Natural Hair
Hair Oils That Are Great For Natural Hair
How To Do A Hot Oil Treatment