The difference between Carrier Oils and Essential oils and how to use them on hair:
Examples of carrier oils are jojoba oil, Olive oil, Coconut oil, Almond oil, Castor oil and many others. These oils are naturally obtained from the fatty part of a plants like kennels, nuts and seeds. You can get these oils in most grocery stores, beauty supply stores and online.
- They moisturize, strengthen and nourish hair.
- Massage oils such as coconut oil, Castor oil, vatika oil, avocado oil, amla oil at least once a day on your scalp to repair your thinning edges.
- Many people use extra virgin Coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil because they are easily available at home. Add them to your homemade deep conditioners for softer and moistened hair. Also use both for hot oil treatments and pre poos.
Coconut Oil For Hair
- Keeps hair strong.
- Has a high moisture retaining capacity. It does not let moisture escape. It keeps hair moistened andsoft.
- Gives hair a nice shine and great for any natural hair style.
- The fatty acids in coconut oil serve as a very good Anti Dandruff agent.
- Nourishes hair and skin.
Olive Oil For Hair
- Rich in natural conditioning agent.
- Infuses moisture to hair and scalp.
- Great for hair treatments, scalp massages.
- Repairs damaged hair.
- Works really well in hair when its warm.
Cleanses impurities from the scalp, nourishes, thickens and moisturizes dry strands while promoting hair growth, helps tame the frizz and helps reduce split ends. Great for thinning edges.
A great antioxidant that enhances blood circulation on your scalp and it promotes the growth of healthy hair.
- Peppermint oil is good for itchy scalp.
- Tea tree oil is great for the getting rid of dandruff on your scalp.
- Lavender oil is for dry scalp
- Get a nice fragrance in your carrier oils by adding a few drops of essential oils.
- Essentials oils are commonly used to treat scalp conditions.
- You can use them as a preservative when making your hair DIY,s mixtures.
What Hair oils do you use to nourish your natural hair?
Other Helpful Posts:
- Hot Oil Treatment
- Homemade Deep Conditioner For Natural Hair
- Reasons and Remedies For Thinning Edges
- Good Vitamins For Hair
- Henna For Hair
- Deep Conditioning Natural Hair
- How To Build A Natural Hair Regimen
- Cheap / Inexpensive Products That Are Great For Natural Hair
- How To Pre Poo
- Benefits Of Co – Washing