Building a hair regimen is important for the overall health of your hair. Find a hair routine that works well with your hair and stick to it.
However if you notice negative results, for example a product NOT adding moisture to your hair, this is when you can change things up and try a different product.
8 Simple Things To Remember When Building A Natural Hair Regimen
✔ Use a Sulphate Free Shampoo : because it will not strip your hair of its moisture. Weekly activities like working out and product build up may cause clogged pores on the scalp which in return deteriorate hair growth.
To avoid these from happening, clean your scalp and your hair at least once a week to achieve the maximum hair growth. You can also use an apple cider vinegar rinse, which cleans scalp and hair pretty good. You can also opt to co-wash with a moisturizing conditioner if you prefer a no poo regimen.
✔ Use A Moisturizing Conditioner: that has great slip (makes hair slippery) to help you with your weekly detangling sessions and makes your hair soft.
✔ Use A Leave In Conditioner: It help restore shine and lustre to dry or dull hair.
✔ Use A Hair Moisturizer: Water should be one of the ingredients listed on the bottle. Another great ingredient is aloe vera. They are the most moisturizing for your hair. You can also make your own homemade spritz.
✔Use Oils: Great oils like Extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil and jojoba to seal in moisture when you moisturize your hair.
✔ Twist Or Braid Or Bantu Knot Your Hair For the Night: To protect your hair from knots and tangles while you sleep. Your hair will be stretched as well by morning.
✔ Use A Satin Scarf While You Sleep Or Sleep On a Satin Pillow Case: Protects hair from losing its moisture, prevents knots and tangles.
✔ Have A Summer And Winter Regimen : because your hair will have different needs when there’s a change in the weather.
Other Treatments To Include In Your Natural Hair Regimen:
- Rice Water Treatment For hair growth, shine and strengthening your hair. Its also a protein treatment to restore protein back into the hair that’s lost during color treatments, frequent heat use etc. Hair is about 70% keratin protein by nature so if your hair is not damaged as such, you would want to reduce the number of times you do a protein treatment.
- Deep Conditioning Treatments to improve the strength of your hair.
- Pre Poo treatments to help protect the hair from excessive drying when you shampoo.
- Hot oil treatments for soft hair and to replenish hair with moisture
- Scalp massage treatments to stimulate growth.
Check Out Our Other Popular Posts
- Simple Hair Growth Tips For Natural Hair
- How To Co-wash Natural Hair
- Protective Hairstyles-HOW TO TUTORIALS
- How To Detangle Natural Hair
- Natural Hair Products
- Inexpensive Products For Natural Hair
- Hair Oils For Natural Hair