I have type 4 hair and I use Shea Moisture deep treatment masque in two ways. The first as a deep conditioner and second, as a leave in conditioner. I tend to use it more as a leave in than a deep conditioner.
AS A DEEP CONDITIONER
- I mix it with 4 Tablespoons of honey, 4 Tablespoons olive or coconut oil or any other oils I have in the house such as jojoba oil.
- Then after I wash my hair, I apply the mixture to my hair.
- Next I put a heating cap on for 30-45 minutes or just leave the mixture on my hair for hours when I’m running errands during the day.
- Wash and style my hair as usual.
AS A LEAVE IN FOR TWISTING
On the container it actually says you can use it both ways and I’m glad I tried it.
- I wet my hair then section the hair in manageable sections.
- Apply an oil.
- Then apply Shea Moisture deep treatment masque and twist.
The only thing I will caution about this product is that you don’t use too much if you are using it to twist your hair. I made a mistake of doing that one time and my twist out had a whitish residue on the ends.
My advice would be to experiment with a little amount first, then adjust the quantity as you use the product over and over again.
9 REASONS WHY I LOVE USING SHEA MOISTURE DEEP TREATMENT MASQUE
- It rejuvinates my dry hair, so it keeps the hair moisturized and looking healthy.
- I only need to use a small amount for a twist out which makes the product last longer.
- The twist out always come out looking defined, frizz free and moisturized even without adding a gel while styling.
- The price is pretty good too. 12 oz for $9.99. I have bought this product more than once since I started using it.
- It has great slip to detangle, adds shine and hair looks moisturized / conditioned.
- Smells great.
- Made with almost 100% natural ingredients.
- Contains NO parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, animal testing, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, or animal ingredients.
- I love products made with argan oil and shea butter.
Other Helpful Posts:
- Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie – REVIEW
- Top 10 Tips For A Defined Twist Out
- 5 Big Tips In Moisturizing Natural Hair
- Protective Hairstyles – TUTORIAL
- Homemade Deep Conditioners – GREAT RECIPES