Here are my top 6 homemade deep conditioners. And they are all:
- Super easy to make
- Detangles hair easily
- Adds shine to natural hair
- They work great on every hair type
Many options to choose from. Give them a try and you will see great results on your hair.
Depending with the length of your hair, you may need to adjust the quantity of ingredients. You can also substitute ingredients. Have fun mixing and let me know how they work on your hair.
1. Homemade Avocado Deep Conditioner
This is one of the most popular DIY deep conditioners. It repairs damaged hair and is great for the overall strength of your hair.
- (1/2) Avocado
- (1/2) Ripe Banana
- (1/4) Can of coconut milk*
- (4) Tablespoon of Extra virgin olive oil
- (4) Tablespoon honey
*Substitution: You can use eggs, mayo, or yogurt instead of coconut milk
Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth. If the mixture is too thick add more olive oil or coconut oil. After you wash your hair, apply the mixture generously to hair. Then cover your hair with a plastic cap. Leave it in for 30 minutes under a hooded dryer. De-tangle and rinse thoroughly. Style as usual.
2. Homemade Easy Hydrating Hair Mask
- 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp Honey
Warm olive oil in a microwave for about 20 seconds. Add honey and mix well. Apply to damp hair and cover with a plastic cap for 15-30 minutes. Rinse well and style as usual.
Great for hair that is very dry to give it hydration.
3. Homemade Shea Butter Deep Conditioner
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 Cup extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Melted Shea Butter
Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Wash and apply mixture to hair. Cover your hair with a plastic cap. Leave it in for 30 minutes under a hooded dryer. Detangle and rinse thoroughly. Style hair as usual.
4. Homemade Aloe Deep Conditioner (Very Moisturizing)
- 1/4 cup Aloe gel
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil or olive oil
Mix all ingredients well until smooth. Apply to washed hair and leave it in for 30 minutes under a hooded dryer, detangle then rinse thoroughly. You can add honey and avocado to the recipe for even more moisture.
5. Homemade Glycerin Hair Deep Conditioner ( to repair damaged dry hair )
- 1 Banana
- 4 Tbls extra virgin Olive Oil OR any oils you have
- 4 Tbls Honey
- 4 Tbls Glycerin
Mix all Ingredients well in a blender until smooth. Apply to washed hair. Cover hair with a plastic cap and sit under a hooded dryer for 30 minutes. Detangle and rinse thoroughly.
Its a simple conditioner that very moisturizing for dry hair. Minus the banana, it makes a great pre poo treatment.
6. Homemade Deep Conditioner With Whipped Heavy Cream
Great DIY especially for the winter months to keep your hair super soft and moisturized.
- 1/2 Avocado
- 4 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Tbls Whipped Heavy Cream
Mix all ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Apply to washed hair. Cover hair with a plastic cap and sit under a hooded dryer for 30 minutes. Detangle and rinse thoroughly.
So there you have it. My 6 favorite homemade deep conditioners. Your hair will thank you!
What’s Your Favorite Homemade Deep Conditioner? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Make sure you never miss any natural hair tips and product discounts. Enter your email below.