Have you guys been loving this product. You can’t beat the price of $9.99 for a 12oz container. You can find it at Target, CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid and online stores. Try Amazon Prime 30-Days for free and get 2-day shipping on all your items
It’s a great moisturizer for natural hair. I find that during summer months a little goes along way. I can even moisturize every other day but during winter months I tend to use a little bit more since the weather is so dry outside and my hair gets dry faster.
DISCLOSURE: THE COMPANY IS NOT PAYING www.naturalhairwoman.com FOR THIS REVIEW. BOUGHT THE PRODUCT WITH OUR OWN MONEY. THIS IS MY HONEST REVIEW BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE PRODUCT)
Used on Type 4 Hair:
How I Use It :
- I wait until my hair is 10% dry (air dried) then apply Shea moisture organic raw shea butter restorative leave in conditioner, then apply the Shea moisture Smoothie.
- Seal with coconut oil and twist. Sometimes i use Eco Styler olive oil gel for extra definition. Sleep with the twists overnight and unravel the next day with coconut oil.
- I use it to Re-Twist every night.
My Thoughts On The Product
It has a sweet pleasant smell (not overpowering) which I love. I use it as a daily hair moisturizer and it’s great for my twist outs or braid outs.
The twist outs always come out so soft and super defined and the curls pop really well. A little goes a long way and it’s not greasy at all, and that’s a plus. It’s very buttery and my hair always feels moisturized the whole day. Great for my type 4 hair. It seriously does what it claims. It moisturizes and adds shine.
It contains really good natural ingredients great for natural hair and the price is great. Great for Re-twisting at night if your hair is dry.
Description about shea moisture on the container:
Nutrient rich vegetable butters condition hair, restoring moisture, body and shine. Enhances curls, minimizes frizz and provides curl control. For thick, curly hair. Sulfate-free and color-safe.
- Coconut oil: Hydrates and protects hair from heat and chemical damage
- Silk protein: Reduces breakage, strengthens hair, adds smoothness and silkiness
- Neem oil: An age-old ayurvedic oil that strengthens hair and provides brilliant shine
- No parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, animal testing, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, or animal ingredients
Deionized Water , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut) , Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil , Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado) , Vegetable Glycerin , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Silk Protein , Ammonium Salt , Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil (Neem) , Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Oil (Carrot) , Sorbitol Esters , Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5) , Caprylyl Glycol , Essential Oil Blend , Lonicera Caprifolium Flower and Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract (Honeysuckle and Japanese Honeysuckle) , Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
I hope this will help you newly naturals and for you naturals that want to try another product that’s really good for a good price.
Check Out Our Other Popular Product
- Natural Hair Products
- Inexpensive Products For Natural Hair
- Homemade Deep Conditioners
- Shea Butter For Hair
- Hair Oils For Natural Hair
- How To Deep Condition Natural Hair
- How To Detangle Natural Hair
- Hot Oil Treatment