A Big Chop is basically cutting all your hair off for a new beginning with your hair journey. Many women are now embracing their natural hair textures and cutting all their relaxed, chemically processed, dyed hair off so that they can grow their hair naturally. That number is growing every day.
You can grow long healthy hair too even if you have kinky hair.
There are two alternatives to choose from, there is no method that is better than the other. It’s a personal choice and it depends on your everyday lifestyle and how you want to start your natural hair journey.
Going natural by chopping all your hair, also known as the BIG CHOP is a very liberating choice.
You can do it yourself in the comfort of your own home OR if you are not confident in doing it yourself, you can go to a barber shop or natural hair salon and get it professionally cut.
Easy hairstyles after you do a big chop
- Wash and go – What you do with this hairstyle is basically wet your short hair in the shower and then when your hair is still wet you can apply a leave – in moisturizer and if you would like can add a bit of gel
- Braid your hair
- Wear a wig
Another great way to go natural is to transition from relaxed to natural hair. Read more about this here.
Check Out Our Other Popular Posts
- How To Build A Natural Hair Regimen
- Natural Hair Products
- Inexpensive Products For Natural Hair
- Ways For Stretching Natural Hair(NO HEAT)
- How To Detangle Natural Hair
- How To Deep Condition Natural Hair
- Homemade Deep Conditioners
- Protective Hairstyles – HOW TO TUTORIAL