If you are looking for a detailed step by step guide on how to make a hair growth oil recipe for maximum hair growth, then this is a post for you. These recipes will help keep your hair growing and scalp in great condition. All the recipes are great for all hair types and packed with superfood ingredients for your hair. Use as much as your hair needs.
Disclaimer: No recipe is a magic potion. This is not an overnight hair growth oil. It takes time and with frequent usage you will see amazing results. So therefore being patient is key.
Here are my top simple DIY hair growth oil recipes for maximum hair growth
1. Aloe Vera and Moringa Powder Hair Growth Oil
Ingredients and instruments that you need for this recipe
- Small size Aloe Vera plant ( you will need about 2 handfuls of the aloe vera when cut into small pieces with the skin ) Aloe Vera adds shine, fights against dandruff and moisturizes hair.
- 4 small Carrots. Helps to purify the scalp and contain vitamin A which is good in preventing hair breakage and good for strengthening your hair.
- Extra Virgin Olive oil. Great for high porosity hair. If you have low porosity hair use coconut oil, grapeseed oil, sunflower oil, almond oil. Seals hair that’s moisturized.
- 1/4 cup castor oil. Helps in the growth of the hair
- 1 Avocado. Helps in strengthening, moisturizing, adds shine and makes hair very soft.
- 1 tablespoon moringa powder. Helps with the overall hair growth.
- 1 tablespoon hibiscus powder
- 2 tablespoon MSM powder. Great for strengthening your hair and stops hair breakage, add this to the mixture when the oil is hot so as to dissolve
- 1 tablespoon Ginger paste
- 1/4 cup fenugreek powder
- 20 drops Essential oils of your liking. I used lavender oil because its great for hair growth.
- Strainer or something to help you get the liquid out. A lot of people use panty hose. Just make sure they are new lol
- Jar to store your DIY homemade hair growth oil
Instructions on how to make the oil
- On a chopping board cut aloe Vera into small pieces, grate the carrots, dice the avocado.
- In a medium saucepan, mix all the ingredients thoroughly except the oils and MSM powder. You will add this two ingredients last so don’t worry.
- Turn the stove on low heat, place the saucepan and continuously sauté the ingredients for about 5 minutes. Keep stirring so as not to burn the mixture.
- The mixture will start turning to a brownish color. Note to worry that’s how its supposed to look like. Add your oils and keep stirring for 10 minutes so that it doesn’t burn.
- Turn your heat off and add MSM powder and allow the powder to dissolve then let the mixture to cool off .
- After cooling, prepare your container with a strainer and then add the mixture to the strainer and squeeze and press as you would a nut milk . Squeeze until all the liquid is out .
- Place the strainer with the pulp aside but don’t throw away the pulp that’s left, you can store that in a separate container and store that in the fridge and use it as a pre poo for your hair or a deep conditioner.
- On the oil that’s strained, add about 20 drops of your essential oils and voila its ready for use.
- Use the oil frequently and you will start to see amazing results on your hair and scalp
Check out these wild hair growth oils that we are loving