It’s always the season of protective styling. Protective styling is basically tucking your hair away and protecting your ends from harsh weather conditions. It can be achieved on any length of hair (short and long hair).
You might ask, what are the benefits of protective styling?
- Your hair stays moisturized longer.
- It prevents breakage, tangles and retains length.
Examples of Protective Hairstyles From Some Of Our Favorite YouTubers
CHECK OUT THIS FLAT TWIST PROTECTIVE HAIRSTYLE tutorial from SimplYounique on YouTube. Its super easy and elegant for all occasions. Hair is moisturized before its flat twisted.
TWO STRAND TWIST
Great protective hairstyle from iknowlee on YouTube. Love her hair.
Make sure your hair is moisturized and refrain from using cotton scarfs, they will soak up on all the moisture from your hair. QUICK TIP: You can tie your silk scarf under your cotton scarf.
BOX BRAIDS / WEAVES AND WIGS
- Less manipulation on hair.
- A great way to change your look from time to time with for example a weave/wig/braids of a different color than your hair,
- Hair is protected from harsh weather conditions.
- You can lose your hair if the weave/braids are too tight.
- Hair can easily be neglected if its weaved up.
- Weaves, braid hair and wigs can be costly to buy.
What are some of your favorite protective styles that you like to wear? Let me know in the comments below.
Make sure you never miss any natural hair tips and product discounts. Enter your email below.