If you are newly natural OR are already natural and want to try a new product , you may want to try Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. You can’t beat the price of $9.99 for a 12oz container. You can find it at target, CVS, walgreens and online stores. It’s a great moisturizer for natural hair.
How I Use It :
1. I wait until my hair is 10% dry (air dried) then apply Shea moisture organic raw shea butter restorative leave in conditioner, apply the Shea moisture Smoothie.
2. Seal with coconut oil and twist. Sometimes i use Eco Styler olive oil gel for extra definition. Sleep with the twists overnight and unravel the next day with coconut oil.
3. I use it to Re-Twist every night.
My Thoughts On The Product
It has a sweet pleasant smell (not overpowering) which i love. I use it as a daily hair moisturizer and it’s great for my twist outs or braid outs.
The twist outs always come out so soft and super defined and the curls pop really well. A little goes a long way and it’s not greasy at all and that’s a plus. It’s very buttery and my hair always feels moisturized the whole day. Great for my type 4 hair. It seriously does what it claims. It moisturizes and adds shine.
It contains really good natural ingredients great for natural hair and the price is great. Great for Re-twisting at night if your hair is dry.
UPDATE: I have purchased the product more than twice already.
Description about shea moisture on the container:
Nutrient rich vegetable butters condition hair, restoring moisture, body and shine. Enhances curls, minimizes frizz and provides curl control. For thick, curly hair. Sulfate-free and color-safe.
- Coconut oil: Hydrates and protects hair from heat and chemical damage
- Silk protein: Reduces breakage, strengthens hair, adds smoothness and silkiness
- Neem oil: An age-old ayurvedic oil that strengthens hair and provides brilliant shine
- No parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, animal testing, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, or animal ingredients
Deionized Water , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut) , Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil , Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado) , Vegetable Glycerin , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Silk Protein , Ammonium Salt , Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil (Neem) , Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Oil (Carrot) , Sorbitol Esters , Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5) , Caprylyl Glycol , Essential Oil Blend , Lonicera Caprifolium Flower and Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract (Honeysuckle and Japanese Honeysuckle) , Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
Let us know how you like Shea Moisture Curl enhancing Smoothie…
I hope this will help you newly naturals and for you naturals that want to try another product thats really good for a good price.
Other Helpful Posts:
- Natural Hair Products
- Inexpensive Products For Natural Hair
- Homemade Deep Conditioners
- Shea Butter For Hair
- Hair Oils For Natural Hair
- How To Deep Condition Natural Hair
- How To Detangle Natural Hair
- Hot Oil Treatment