Have you guys been loving this products as much as i do. I have repurchased Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie more than once.
You can’t beat the price of $9.99 for a 12oz container. You can find it at Target, CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid and online stores. Try Amazon Prime 30-Days for free and get 2-day shipping on all your items It’s a great moisturizer for natural hair. I find that during summer months a little goes along way. I can even moisturize every other day but during winter months I tend to use a little bit more since the weather is so dry outside and my hair gets dry faster.
(DISCLOSURE: THE COMPANY IS NOT PAYING Natural Hair Woman FOR THIS REVIEW. I BOUGHT THE PRODUCT WITH MY OWN MONEY. THIS IS MY HONEST REVIEW BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE PRODUCT)
Used on Type 4 Hair:
How I Use It :
- I wait until my hair is 10% dry (air dried) then apply Shea moisture organic raw shea butter restorative leave in conditioner, then apply the Shea moisture Smoothie.
- Seal with coconut oil and twist. Sometimes i use Eco Styler olive oil gel for extra definition. Sleep with the twists overnight and unravel the next day with coconut oil.
- I use it to Re-Twist every night.
My Thoughts On The Product
It has a sweet pleasant smell (not overpowering) which I love. I use it as a daily hair moisturizer and it’s great for my twist outs or braid outs.
The twist outs always come out so soft and super defined and the curls pop really well. A little goes a long way and it’s not greasy at all, and that’s a plus. It’s very buttery and my hair always feels moisturized the whole day. Great for my type 4 hair. It seriously does what it claims. It moisturizes and adds shine.
It contains really good natural ingredients great for natural hair and the price is great. Great for Re-twisting at night if your hair is dry.
Description about shea moisture on the container:
Nutrient rich vegetable butters condition hair, restoring moisture, body and shine. Enhances curls, minimizes frizz and provides curl control. For thick, curly hair. Sulfate-free and color-safe.
- Coconut oil: Hydrates and protects hair from heat and chemical damage
- Silk protein: Reduces breakage, strengthens hair, adds smoothness and silkiness
- Neem oil: An age-old ayurvedic oil that strengthens hair and provides brilliant shine
- No parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, animal testing, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, or animal ingredients
Deionized Water , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut) , Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil , Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado) , Vegetable Glycerin , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Silk Protein , Ammonium Salt , Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil (Neem) , Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Oil (Carrot) , Sorbitol Esters , Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5) , Caprylyl Glycol , Essential Oil Blend , Lonicera Caprifolium Flower and Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract (Honeysuckle and Japanese Honeysuckle) , Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
Have you tried Shea Moisture Curl enhancing Smoothie? Let me know what other moisturizers you use
I hope this will help you newly naturals and for you naturals that want to try another product that’s really good for a good price.
Other Helpful Posts: