What is a Pre Poo?
It’s a mix of oils OR one type of oil that is applied to hair prior to a shampoo wash, to help protect hair from harsh shampooing process. It consist of oils such as olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil etc.
It is important to clean your scalp and hair but many shampoos can strip hair of its moisture /oils and leaving hair very dry.
Pre pooing makes hair manageable, easier to detangle and helps to reduce breakage. Hair feels soft after you shampoo.
How to Pre Poo
1. Mix oils such as olive oil and coconut oil or any other oils you have in hand.
2. You can add honey and a moisturizing conditioner to the mixture( Jessi curl too shea conditioner works amazing).
3. Gently finger detangle your hair and apply mixture to hair section by section. Cover hair with a plastic cap and leave the treatment in for 15-20 minutes. Then shampoo and follow with your regular wash day regimen.
NB: You can leave the mixture in your hair overnight (overnight Pre Poo).
Do you pre poo? Please share your pre poo regimen.
Other Helpful Posts:
- Inexpensive Products For Natural Hair
- Natural Hair Products
- How To Deep Condition Natural Hair
- How To Detangle Natural Hair
- Natural Hairstyles
- How To Co Wash Natural Hair