What Is A Big Chop?
A Big chop (BC) is cutting all your hair. Mainly used by people who want to go natural.
Many women are now embracing their natural hair textures and the number is growing every day. You can grow long healthy hair too even if you have kinky hair. If you are thinking about growing natural hair
There are two alternatives to choose from, there is no method that is better than the other. It’s a personal choice and it depends on your everyday lifestyle and how you want to start you natural hair journey.
Going natural by chopping all your hair, also known as the BIG CHOP. It’s a very liberating choice.
You can do it yourself in the comfort of your own home OR if you are not confident in doing it yourself, go to a barber shop OR to a natural hair salon and get it professionally cut.
7 Natural Hair Care Tips For A TWA (Teeny Weeny Afro)
- Remember to moisturize with a water based moisturizer and seal in the moisture with an oil of your choice such as olive oil, coconut oil etc. Natural hair tends to be dry, so in the morning and night check your hair for dryness. If it feels dry, spray some water, moisturize and seal.
- You can style your Teeny weeny afro (TWA) with some stylish hair accessories to give you a different look now and then. See big chop hairstyles tutorials HERE.
- Depending on the length of your hair, there are many hairstyles that you can try such as twist and twist outs, Locs, braids,braid outs, wash and go,s, TWA, coils etc.
- You can change things up from time to time with a protective hairstyle especially during colder months when the weather is harsh.
- Spice up the whole look with a bold lipstick and well groomed eyebrows.
- It is also helpful to find the right products for your hair texture to keep it healthy and bring out your natural curls. Just remember that your hair texture might change once your hair gets longer. ( Build a hair regimen HERE )
- Be patient, hair grows 1/2 inch a month.
Another great way to go natural is to transition from relaxed to natural hair. Read about it on this POST.
Share Your BIG CHOP Story With Us
Other Helpful Posts:
- Big Chop Hairstyles - HOW TO TUTORIALS
- How To Build A Natural Hair Regimen
- Natural Hair Products
- Inexpensive Products For Natural Hair
- Ways For Stretching Natural Hair(NO HEAT)
- How To Detangle Natural Hair
- How To Deep Condition Natural Hair
- Homemade Deep Conditioners
- Protective Hairstyles - HOW TO TUTORIAL