This is one of my favorite leave in conditioner mix that will keep your hair moisturized the whole day. It’s also great for re-twisting hair at night if your hair feels dry. The name kimmay tube leave in conditioner came about after the natural hair youtuber ( kimmytube ) featured the recipe on her YouTube channel.
The importance of the recipe is to make a leave in conditioner that has a pH balance of 4.5 which is ideal for hair and thus provides great moisture to the hair. Read on how to maintain pH Balance for your hair.
2 Tablespoons of your favorite leave in conditioner (Giovanni / Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner are my favorite leave ins)
2 Tablespoons Aloe Vera juice (lily of the dessert)
2 Teaspoons of castor oil (NOW Brand)
2 Teaspoons of jojoba oil (NOW Brand)
1. Mix all the ingredients together well. Store the mixture in a airtight container and it’s ready for use.
****I use it after I wash my hair and when I need to retwist my type 4 hair and it works great. The shine and softness on my hair is amazing.
2. You can use any leave in conditioner / oils / aloe vera juice of your liking. On her video she used kinky curly knot today leave in conditioner. I bought the aloe vera juice and oils online. I picked up Giovanni Leave in Conditioner from Target.
3. The consistency depends on the thickness of the leave in that you’ll be using. The end product of the recipe above has a runny consistency.
4. The benefit of adding Aloe Vera Juice is that it acts as a natural conditioning agent to restore the hair’s sheen, luster and shine. A great pH balancer for your hair.
5. It also soothes and moisturizes the scalp and eliminates any dandruff issues.
6. The oils in the recipe seal in all the moisture in your hair to last the whole day.
Make sure to refrigerate after each use.
What Is Your Favorite DIY Leave In Conditioner? Let me know below.
Make sure you never miss any natural hair tips and product discounts. Enter your email below.
Other Helpful Posts: