Do you ever get so frustrated with your dry natural hair? There are many causes for dry natural hair for example lack of proper hair care, dry environment, using harsh chemicals and treatments to your hair, lack of sebum production from the hair follicles. Below are our top easy remedies.
1. Moisturize hair everyday with a water based moisturizer. After you moisturize your hair, always seal your hair with oils such as Extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, Avocado oil, castor oil and jojoba oil to keep the moisture in your hair
2. Give your hair some TLC with weekly deep conditioning and hot oil treatments.
3. If your hair tends to be dry, avoid washing your hair every day. Wash your hair once a week with a moisturizing sulfate free shampoo OR co-wash instead. This will help the hair retain its moisture and not strip the hair of its natural oils.
4. Protect your hair from too much environmental exposure like dry windy climates and strong sun rays that strip hair of its moisture. Wear hats, head wraps OR put your hair in a protective hairstyle to protect your hair in the winter time. TIP: Line your hats with a satin material on the inside to protect your hair from loosing it’s moisture.
5. Always protect your hair at night and wear a satin scarf / bonnet OR sleep on a satin pillow case.
6. Massage your scalp gently while washing or styling your hair to stimulate production of sebum that naturally moisturizes hair.
7. Minimize harsh chemical treatments like hair coloring and hair straightening. This will increase the dryness of your hair. Many people use henna or sometimes coffee/tea to color their hair naturally and use NO HEAT METHODS to stretch natural hair.
8. Air dry your hair after a wash as much as possible. Constantly using heat everyday will make your hair dry.
9. Use products that add moisture to your hair like moisturizing shampoos, conditioners, leave in conditioners. This will help retain moisture in your hair.
10. Stay away from products that have alcohol in it. It’s very drying to hair.
11. Eat healthy. Include lean protein, healthy fats, fruits and vegetables, whole grain and low fat dairy products in your diet. This will promote a healthy scalp and aid in production of sebum which produces healthy hair.
12. Pay attention to your hair (especially the ends of your hair). If it feels dry then hydrate with water OR a hair moisturizer when necessary.
How Do You Care For Your Dry Natural Hair??
Other Helpful Posts:
- How To Use The LOC METHOD To Moisturize Natural Hair
- How To Deep Condition Natural Hair
- Protective Hairstyles – HOW TO TUTORIAL
- Simple Hot oil Treatment
- Pre Poo Regimen
- Reasons and Remedies For Thinning Edges
- Henna For Hair - HOW TO TUTORIAL
- Good vitamins for hair
- How To Co Wash Natural Hair
- Natural Hair Treatments And Remedies
- Cheap / Inexpensive Products For Natural Hair