Do you ever get frustrated with your dry natural hair? There are many causes for dry natural hair. For example; lack of proper hair care, a dry environment, using harsh chemicals and treatments on your hair and lack of sebum production from the hair follicles. Below are our top easy remedies that can start to hydrate your hair.
12 Easy And Simple Remedies For Dry Natural Hair
1. Moisturize your hair everyday with a water based moisturizer. After moisturizing your hair, always seal your hair with oils such as extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, Avocado oil, castor oil or jojoba oil to keep the moisture in your hair.
3. If your hair tends to be dry, avoid washing it every day. Wash your hair once a week with a moisturizing sulfate free shampoo or co-wash instead. This will help the hair retain its moisture and not strip it of its natural oils.
4. Protect your hair from too much environmental exposure. Dry, windy climates and strong sun rays can strip hair of its moisture. Wear hats, head wraps or put your hair in a protective hairstyle to protect it, especially in the winter time. TIP: Line your hats with a satin material on the inside to protect your hair from loosing it’s moisture.
5. Always protect your hair at night and wear a satin scarf / bonnet or sleep on a satin pillow case.
6. Massage your scalp gently while washing or styling your hair to stimulate production of sebum that naturally moisturizes hair.
7. Minimize harsh chemical treatments like hair coloring and hair straightening. This will increase the dryness of your hair. Many people use henna or sometimes coffee/tea to color their hair naturally. Aslo, no heat methods to stretch your natural hair help as well.
8. Air dry your hair after a wash as much as possible. Constantly using heat everyday will make your hair dry.
9. Use products that add moisture to your hair like moisturizing shampoos, conditioners and leave in conditioners. This will help retain moisture in your hair.
10. Stay away from products that have alcohol in them. Alcohol helps to dry out things very quickly.
11. Eat healthy. Include lean protein, healthy fats, fruits and vegetables, whole grains and low fat dairy products in your diet. This will promote a healthy scalp and aid in production of sebum which produces healthy hair.
12. Pay attention to your hair (especially the ends of your hair). If it feels dry then hydrate with water or a hair moisturizer when necessary.
How Do You Care For Your Dry Natural Hair??