Everyone will agree, detangling natural hair can be a tedious job sometimes. Here are simple and easy steps in detangling natural hair and to make the job easier on a wash day.
Steps In Detangling Natural Hair
1. SECTION HAIR
Section your hair into manageable sections
2. REMOVE ANY SHEDS OF HAIR
If you have a lot of time on your schedule, you can start by removing any shedding that you might have on your dry hair.
3. WET YOUR HAIR
It’s important to wet your hair first before detangling to prevent hair from breaking. Never detangle dry hair.
4. APPLY OILS AND CONDITIONERS
Let the mixture sit in your hair for a couple of minutes, then start detangling section by section using a wide tooth comb. Start with the ends of your hair and proceed towards the roots.
Then you can follow with a deep conditioning treatment, continue to detangle further at this point if you feel your hair needs more detangling.
You can also detangle natural hair with leave-ins and conditioners with a lot of slip like Herbal Essence’s Totally Twisted.
Great Tools For Detangling Natural Hair:
- Wide tooth Comb
- Denman Brush
- Tangle teezer
Things To Remember When Detangling:
- Remove all the shedded hair.
- Always detangle in sections.
- Use a wide tooth comb / denman brush to detangle.
- Finger detangling under running water in sections while you shampoo your hair, always makes detangling sessions easier.
- Detangle starting with the ends your hair to the roots.
- After you apply a moisturizing conditioner, cover your hair with a plastic cap for 2-5 minutes. That is the key to easy detangling. Your hair will be so soft and so easy to detangle.
- Also when you are washing off your deep conditioner, you can detangle under running water with a widetooth comb.
- Hold your hair while you detangle so that it doesn’t rip at the roots.
- DO NOT detangle your hair when its dry.
- DO NOT detangle with a fine tooth comb.
I hope these tips are helpful for you. Let me know your results in the comments below.
Make sure you never miss any natural hair tips and product discounts. Enter your email below.
Other Helpful Posts: